- Dosing of PET virgin material, grinded flakes, granules, masterbatch & Holcobatch in a single device
- Integrated feed
- High-precision drum dosing with stepper motor and 870,400 steps per revolution for very small quantities
- Stuffing unit allows processing of flakes up to 80 % *1
- Hinged feed channels for components 2, 3 and 4 for test dosing
- Thermal insulation with heating collars. Therefore longer dwell time without change in material properties.
- Cooled dosing chute for masterbatch and Holcobatch
- Very easy and intuitive operation with 4.3” touch display
- Dosing capacity: up to 1000 kg/h *1
- Max. no. of dosing stations: 4 for virgin and grinded material, masterbatch and Holcobatch
- Component 1(main component): Gravity feed for virgin material. Directly from dryers or via feed system. Max. 180 °C
- Component 2: Masterbatch <0.5 %. Dosing with drum dosing device WD1. Cooled dosing chute.
- Component 3: Grinded material, granules or flakes up to 180 °C
- Component 4: Holcobatch <0.01 %. Dosing with drum dosing device WD1. Cooled dosing chute.
- Electrical connection: 400 VAC, 50 Hz
*1depending on bulk density and grain/flake size
- Heating collars for material tank and feeder
- Modbus UDP interface
- Various drum geometries and worm diameters for dosing capacities from <0.01 % to >80 % *1
*1 depending on bulk density, grain/flake size and grain/flake percentage
This unique device has been developed for PET preform production and for dosing materials with a low melting point (<40 °C). Flakes, masterbatch and virgin material are optimally dosed, mixed and fed to the processing machine.
Virgin material flows freely out of the dryer and into the dosing device. Grinded material and additives (pigment) are added on a per-shot basis, the speed of the dosing worms and drums automatically synchronising with the injection moulding machine’s feed time.
A special dosing worm developed for bottle flakes works the grinded material into the virgin material and blends the two with the aid of a stuffing unit.
Depending on grain size, grain shape and flow behaviour, up to 80% flakes can be processed directly on the injection moulding machine with this arrangement.
With precision drum dosing devices, the additive is added to the blend directly via a cooling tube. As well as colour batch, microbatch (PET-based) or Holcobatch (wax-based) can be added.
The integrated feed controller conveys virgin and grinded material to the dryer and draws material into the dosing stations.
REMOTE CONTROL Hx with OP7
Remote control and visualization
If the device is to be operated remotely, or if the recording of the individual batches, disturbances and prescription settings is desired, then we use our touch panel computer CxOp7.
The operating panel (OP) supports model-based material handling.
• Visualization of all setpoints and actual values on a 7 “color display
• Various material reports
• Logbook for all relevant events
• Integrated FTP server for downloading the logbooks
• Up to 3 dispensing units can be visualized and operated as coex plants in one device
• Language selection
The integrated conveying & dosing controller optimally conveys the desired material and ensures the high-precision dosing of up to 4 components.
The colour touch display ensures fast familiarisation thanks to its intuitive interface. Due to this the production process can be started in the shortest time possible. From administrator to operator without modification rights, different access rights can be assigned and controlled. This ensures correct and reliable control.
BENEFITS WDx conrol
- Dosing of up to 4 components
- Intuitive operation with touch panel
- User and access rights management
- Log can be exported to USB stick
- Recipe memory
- External control module for conveying (optional)
- Modbus UDP interface
- FTP server
- Installation of the controller directly on the production machine